I recognize that most nonprofits are strapped for money. My fee structure is designed to make me affordable to smaller as well as larger organizations. I'm using the IRS Form 990 Total Revenue as the scale because it is publicly available through Guidestar
Form 990 Total Revenue (line 12) - latest filed version
| < $250,000||$45|
|$250,000 to $500,000||$60|
| $500,000 to $1,000,000||$75|
| > $1,000,000||$90|
- For each piece of work I will define a maximum number of hours and will not exceed that maximum without your prior agreement.
- The intent here is that you should always know your maximum cost exposure for any piece of work
- The rate for individual or for-profit work is $180/hour
- Rates may be adjusted for certain special situations
Lump Sum Work
I'm happy to arrive at a fixed price for a well-defined piece of work.
- We will typically define the scope of work including the number of meetings
- Work beyond the scope, including extra meetings, would be at the hourly rates above
I will charge for reimbursable items at the following rates
- Travel - cost + 10% administrative expense
- Mileage at Government rates (usually I ride a bike or the train)
- Printing and copying - for items provided to you
- $0.15 per B&W page
- $0.35 per Color page
- Cost +10% administrative expense for commercially printed items
- Other items
- Cost + 10% administrative expense
Fee Revision Policy
- I may revise this schedule without prior notice - though my intent is to revise it annually.
- I will complete any particular piece of work for a client at the rate in effect when we agreed on it.